Get to know the Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of Maui
The Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of Maui (FCJC) is a private, non-profit corporation, founded in 1989 by a non-partisan group of community and business leaders concerned with the social welfare of children and families who have been traumatized by abuse and severe neglect.
In the past year the FCJC has:
• Provided funding for direct services to more than 900 children
• Delivered over 2,000 children’s Christmas gifts
• Distributed our annual 20-page prevention newspaper supplement to more than 24,000 households
• Informed 3,000 readers through two newsletter publications
• Reached 8,000 children and parents through community events
• Educated 500 new parents through Shaken Baby DVD distribution
We receive no Federal, State or County funding. Our funding comes from the Bradley and Victoria Geist Foundation, the Teresa Hughes Trust, Hyundai Championship Golf Tournament and companies and individuals through several fundraisers during the year. And we do all of this with one paid staff person and many dedicated volunteers. We invite you to learn more about us and to help us through a tax deductible donation.